Well to start off, I changed my blog layout! It's an old one that has been previously used by my old blog but Lee Joon is just so sexy so I decided to use it again.
A big change that impacted on my life is I got a JOB. So one day in February, I decided to search for jobs again in the local newspaper as I had given up after being constantly rejected. There I saw an ad for the position of a receptionist at a real estate. Giving it a go and submitting my resume, I was called in for an interview and was supperr excited because I was finally given the opportunity to be hired.
A few days before the interview, went Target shopping and bought some pants (because I do not own any work pants) and prepared my outfit for the interview. The day came and I stepped into the office, was really nervous and tried to calm myself down. The door opened and my interviewer invited me in... it was a woman.
In my head, I was hoping that she is nice and not intimidating at all. I sat down on the chair and we TALKED. It was the most carefree interview ever, with no interview questions! We just converse with each other and in the end she really liked me and HIRED ME!!! YAY :D
What did happen was that I forgot to bring my resume, but she was really nice about it and told me to email it to her again and then she thought I could do part time. Unfortunately, because of uni commitments it's impossible to do that and I could only do casual. Thankgod she re-assured me that she will be happy to give me just 1 day and that she will still hire me.
O-week of Uni came and I received a call from my manager. She called me in to work and ever since then I am working for them.
I love work.
- It is great to work 1 day a week during uni and more days if needed during holidays. It's sooo flexible!
- I get to work in an office and have the hands-on experience, something that I always wanted
- I get to work while sitting and sipping on tea and having air-con so I never experience the heat of reality
- My co-workers are friendly and easy going (most of them)
- My boss and all of the real estate agents are great people to work with and I learn so much from them
- And the main thing is that I'm earning money while learning so much each day on how to work in a fast pace business and handle pressure
And that shopping craze will be shown in my next post.